5.15.2007

Lithium

occasionally, i post lyrics on the possibility that songs, artists, unknown, may soothe...

Lithium, don't want to lock me up inside.
Lithium, don't want to forget how it feels without...
Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
Come to bed, don't make me sleep alone.
Couldn't hide the emptiness, you let it show.
Never wanted it to be so cold.
Just didn't drink enough to say you love me.
I can't hold on to me,Wonder what's wrong with me.
Lithium, don't want to lock me up inside.
Lithium, don't want to forget how it feels without...
Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Don't want to let it lay me down this time.
Drown my will to fly.
Here in the darkness I know myself.
Can't break free until I let it go.
Let me go. Darling, I forgive you after all.
Anything is better than to be alone.
And in the end I guess I had to fall.
Always find my place among the ashes.
I can't hold on to me,
Wonder what's wrong with me.
Lithium, don't want to lock me up inside.
Lithium, don't want to forget how it feels without...
Lithium,...stay in love with my sorrow.I'm gonna let it go.

Evanescence

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't is possible NOT TO take it? How about meditation and yoga? Does that help? but i loved the song.. immense gravity in it.

i guess the TATU voice would fit in well. :)

Polarimbi said...

yes, it does soothe, like a deep tissue massage of my psyche that hurts and feels good at the same time. thank you for sharing, always.

okay lash, you posed some provocative questions and this is MY opinion and i take full ownership of it and i am sorry if this sounds awfully bitchy but i am in a very prick ly mood, as some of you know. so here goes. it annoys me to no end when those who are not bipolar muse to those of us who are about not taking medications. this is a serious matter, folks. if you are bipolar and yearn to live with even a thread of stability and keep those you love in your life, you try everything and anything you can - eastern, western and all that is in between. meditaton and yoga are helpful, i do it, and my psychiatrist encourages it, but they aren't enough. and anyone who thinks they can beat brain chemistry and misfired synapses with some stretches and the sound of john kabot zinn's voice are fighting the darkside with a bloody toothpick. so give me the goddamn light saber so i have a fighting chance.

Sh'shank said...

How much exactly do you love chemistry??
Also forgive is fine but can you forget?
and madam
you write way to interestingly.. mildly addictive i already am...

Sarah said...

i HATE THAT SONG

Chipoone said...

I've never heard of that song... must listen to it

Amber Anique said...

Do you take lithium? If so, tell me about your experience, please! I'm supposed to go on it on Friday and I'm terrified!

txandi prost said...

Lash,

i do not take lithium, just a complicated--and evolving--mix of other pharmaceuticals. can one  n o t  take it? surely. meditation, yoga: not enough.

Pricky,

Chemistry, physics, technology, not necessarily loves, "simply" stimulus for my words, internalized i-do-not-know-how-or-when.

i cannot take credit for these words, however: this is a song by Evanescence.

Amber,

i understood your symptoms to be ADHD, not bipolar. have you been diagnosed? did your PDOC prescribe lithium from the onset?

rather than mine, you should seek other's wisdom on the subject; regarding lamictal, depakote, lexapro, effexor, prozac, adderal...i can talk.

~t~

Mel Alarilla said...

Hi Txandi,

You're not only a poet but a songwriter too. You really have God given talents, please develop them to their full potentials. God bless you more and more. Remember, God loves you no matter what.

Yours in Christ,

Mel Avila Alarilla of "Random Thoughts"
Mel Alarilla of "Blessings"
Philippines