1.14.2007

¡¡¡ t h a t d o e s i t !!!

i hate shopping for groceries on sunday i hate shopping for groceries period despised ritual that only makes me see the worst rather than perceive society with neutrality i cannot help but see aisles and rows full of consumer goods foodstuff beyond the reach of so many the neutral perspective it should have witness this series of events in which i attempt to make my way in and out of this odious gathering place as quickly as possible for which purpose exist express check out clearly marked with the maximum number of items allowed per line unfortunately in my state of mind a reeling down a spiraling up altogether at once not one after the other mind you altogether and i am conscious of this and my meds just keeping from sinking or taking off but i did not need this i did not need this little excursion to the land of foodstuff and its unnecessarily prolonged end for ahead of me unnoticed until it was too late was a seemingly well dressed couple with a shopping cart overflowing with goods i double take i look again thrice still calm outwardly but temperature rising and of course they know they know they are complete insensitive unabashed anal orifices so they cautiously avoid eye contact with myself immediately behind them in the check out line and then two others behind me and i look away for i do not want to be the angry    bee o t c h    i feel like being and i believe i do a good job avoid all negative body language remaining neutral not crossing my arms not clicking my tongue or tapping my foot or finger this will all pass after all and become yet another example in which someone bipolar displays better behavior than the so called norm alright it will end but wait no not yet for the female imbecile questions a price notices there is a discrepancy that the cashier has to call in additional minutes pass i remain calm the person behind me leaves and i want to lash out i want to lambaste these two the way they deserve in a way no one else would hold against me but becoming the center of the tumult will not forward any cause minutes elapse and i finally am allowed to reach the cashier who apologizes even though she was not responsible what can you expect from a minimum wage earner to stand up to paying customers that simply based on appearance would gain the sympathy of the manager on duty with a minor admonishment likely limited to a glare and a please do not do that again i pay i walk out my mobile rings a request for an additional series of items coming from the source i cannot but yield i will do anything for the source of that voice so i direct myself to the deli section and wait as i had done before and of course being sunday is packed not just by meats but meatheads suddenly i hear a synthesized voice call for the next number a sound foreign to me in this setting oh it appears they installed a take a next number machine and i missed it and must wait longer yet finally leave the dreaded acreage thanking everybody for their contribution to my incipient headache driving still calm these meds still dulling the edge i get home and the embrace warmth of touch just does it i made it again

7 comments:

Jon said...

From the back of the line a loud voice asks "Is this the express lane?"

Bleeding Heart said...

I know the feeling of the shopping experience, the express lane, the crowds, the annoyance of overindulgence of food and high quality stuff...

Hang in there!

Sarah said...

you never replied to my over-excited spanish post to you.
*tears*

where was I anyway I think I was manic.. dont worry :)

Amateur Dancer said...

you go girl!

txandi prost said...

jon, dream, sarah, dancer...

i was somewhere else: that is the only way for me to tell you i am back.

sarah, i regret, i was, i shall.


~t~

marlena rivers said...

hi there. my biggest problem with supermarkets is figuring out what to get. i end up having a basket of items that i'm embarrassed people will see and think i'm really crazy and unhealthy:
for example: 8 jars of turkey baby food (for dog actually but people probably think i'm cruel to my baby getting the yuckiest kind of baby food and no diversity), peanut butter (the unhealthy kind), ice cream, brownie mix, cream cheese.
ok not always this bad but this is sometimes what i end up with on that line...

txandi prost said...

that would not be the worst shopping cart contents i have seen...

~t~