1.07.2007

scarcely holding grip

obtuse Freudian slip: scarcely phonetically begins with scare. i may be. crags indeed, about which i posted yesterday. today, i am rock-climbing these crags, scarcely holding grip.

why am i climbing? (traditional off-the-cuff answer: "because it is there") there is really nothing up there that i want--not this time. i have sensed this 5.1b ascent for a week now. delayed reaction to my revelation?

my fingers grip basalt, which cuts me, does not draw blood, but makes me lash out in anger--controlled by my meds (on belay), and knowledge gained through many PDOC sessions (focus).

am i competing with you, spectator? supporter? am i at an unknown Patagonia mountain face, just me and my belayer? let it be the former...

4 comments:

marlena rivers said...

hi txandi,
thanks for visiting my blog. i'm supposed to post today but am too exhausted so will try tomorrow. but i just checked out your blog for the first time and like the form/format, is that a mat to put form on? and funny how scarcely starts also wtiht the word "scar". i have many manic/and bipolar and depressive scars on my brain,strange how they are the kind of scar that cannot be seen to the naked eye. maybe i can try to draw them in my next comic strip.
keep posting! i love your language...

Jon said...

Better to be climbing than falling.

txandi prost said...

marlena, i look forward to more comix!

jon, indeed; risky, however.

~t~

Amateur Dancer said...

hey t,

thank you soooooooo much for all the recent support that you lended me! that was, as you know, a rough little spot.

i could not have gotten through it without you and everyone's prayers.

how are you? it seems like everyone is climbing and falling and swinging these days...

you be well!
big hug,
dancer