11.30.2006

physical hunger engendering mental hunger

this emptiness, this hunger, this attempt i unworthily describe as asceticism, may lead me to enlightenment. like a craving for the finest chocolate confection, craving for clarity of mind is a powerful driver.

i have failed these last few days, letting physical drive mental, inhaling carbs like there was no tomorrow, straying from the path, my path. after yesterday's intensity, driven by my body demanding, screaming for exertion, fatigue (pain), I feel tired and depleted, in pain but savoring sweet agony. Bliss.

so far to go. so many obstacles. so much excitement, anticipation. so much damage a lapse can inflict. Let me get back on the path. i know it is a long difficult one.

1 comment:

chalexa said...

wow, i totally understand you on this. i have been inhaling carbs as well and i feel like crap about it. (you put it in much better terms). Hang in there and try not to focus on food, or pig out on salad or something!!! :)